Prepping - Risk Mitigation
As of this writing, Screaming Circuits has not seen much impact from Coronavirus caused supply chain issues. However, we are keeping a close eye on the situation and have a graduated response plan. Our objective is to minimize the impact on our service to you while keeping everyone safe.
There are a number of things that you can do to prepare:
- Wash your hands. I know everyone is telling you that, but I will again. Wash your hands, avoid touching your mouth and nose and do what is necessary to keep yourself and those around you safe
- Get ready for parts shortages like we've had in late 2018 and 2019
- Put alternate parts in your bill of materials. When components go out of stock, we'll be able to respond a lot quicker if we already have some options
- If you have the room on your PCB, put alternate footprints in parallel for silicon parts that might be hard to find in your preferred package
- We will be publishing a series of blog posts/newsletter articles covering shortage mitigation in more detail. Stay tuned
Today, we are keeping up with volumes as usual. However, if the impact gets worse, we might have to ask for flexibility on turn-times and delivery dates. Worst case, we may have to temporarily suspend our delivery guarantee. Hopefully it won't come to that.
Here are a few articles and blog posts that might help:
Let's be careful out there