Intergalactic Geek Pride Day Quiz
There was a time when "Geek" was far from a badge of honor. Jr. High School (AKA middle school) was developed specifically for the purpose of making geeks miserable. We were told that lockers were designed for holding books, lunches jackets, but in reality, the secret anti-geek coalition had lockers installed so geeks could be stuffed inside of them, or could have the doors slammed in their faces.
But, then something happened. While the world wasn't looking, a geek became the richest man in the world. Pro-nerd and pro-geek movies became popular. It became cool to claim to be a geek or a nerd. The problem is that there's a big difference between claiming the title "geek" and being given the title "geek."
- Is it better to be considered a nerd, a geek or both?
- What's the difference between a nerd and a geek?
- Does the outside world know the difference between "nerd" and "geek" and thus does it matter which one you're called?
- If you've never actually been called a geek, but claim to be a geek anyway, are you really a geek?
- If a geek talks in the woods, but there's no one there to hear, did the geek actually speak?
- If you can explain what you do for a living (or hobby) to a random stranger and have more than about one in fifty understand, can you still claim to be a geek?
- If you don't have enough cables laying around the houses to connect just about any two pieces of computer / electronic equipment together, can you really claim to be a geek?
- If you can't assemble a spare PC from parts you have around the house in about an hour, can you still claim to be a geek?
- If you can't count in more than one base, can you still claim to be a geek?
- If you don't love songs by Tom Lehrer, can you still call yourself a geek? (If you don't know who he is, quick: Youtube)
- Tesla or Edison?
If you're a true geek, you already know the answers so I don't need to list them.
The best revenge is not violence or deviousness
The best revenge is to be happier
...and to build robots for world domination